Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm Terrible at Korean Games...


So, I went out with a friend the other night because he wanted to teach me how to play Korean billiards (I'm American,, I call it pool, but whatever)

Anyways..  should've taken pictures because I'm going to suck at explaining this properly. 

Here goes nothing:

The table is exactly the same size as a normal pool table except there aren't any ball pockets (is that the technical term for holes...?) instead of the normal 13(?) balls there are 4. There's a white ball, a yellow ball and two red balls. 

Basically the point of the game was to get rid of points by making your ball (either yellow or white) hit the two read balls without hitting your opponents ball. 

I was white and my friend was yellow. He is like a master at this game. He would make his ball bounce all around the table squeak past my ball and manage to hit both red balls. It was incredible. He gave me a handicap because he started of with 12 points and I only started off with 5.

Guess who won.....?? 

I was doing really well (not really) until I got to my last point. I played with one point left for almost an hour while my friend was just getting rid of points left and right. In the hour it took me to get rid of 4 points he got rid of 11.

It was really haaaarrrdddd!! 

but soooo much fun. Give me a few months (or years) and I'm sure I could kick his a**!! 

This might not be a Korean game, but I've only ever seen it played in Korea and it seems to be a big thing here. Either way, I'm going to practice and one day become master~~ ^^

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...