Monday, June 13, 2016

A rare post of the Whereabouts of Magnolia--Paris 2016

Preface:

So I realise that every time I get on a plane to go somewhere I promise to actually keep up with a blog.

This time I actually want to do it. Maybe not a daily one. Maybe a daily one. Who knows? We'll see what inspiration hits when I arrive in Paris.

Everyone! It's finally happening. I'm spending the summer in Paris!!!

For those of you who are unaware, I have been obsessed with Paris since infancy. I know it's super cliché, but Paris has always held a special place in my heart of hearts. I have always loved Paris from a distance, but now I get to actually live in Paris.

I get to experience Paris as more than just an adoring tourist. I'll get to have a small taste of what it's like to be a Parisienne. I know 2 months really isn't that long in the scheme of things, but I've lived places for 4 weeks and understood a little about what it's like to actually live there.

Paris Summer 2016-------Here I come!!!!

The Real Thing:

So yesterday, Sunday June 12, I prepared the final steps of traveling. The locating of the passport. The addition of my toothbrush to my luggage. Going through my luggage and deciding if I'm actually going to wear any of what I packed. Unpacking the things I know will never leave the closet. Making a mental note that I should probably just get rid of that article of clothing. Double checking that my passport is in my bag. Stubbing my toe on my heavy luggage. Hugging my toe at the top of the stairs cursing the genetic makeup of pinky toes. Taking my luggage downstairs. Putting luggage in the car. Triple checking passport before departing my house.

Arrive at the airport. Everything runs smoothly until I get on the plane and we begin the initial takeoff of taxing to the runway only to be stuck on the runway for 2 hours before actually taking off.

Missing my flight to Paris.

Waiting in line for 3 hours to get a new-new ticket because United replaced my flight with a flight to San Fransisco.

Can we talk about that for a minute?! Why in the world would I fly in the opposite direction of my destination?! It takes just as long to get to San Fran as it does Paris and the flight from San Fran to Paris is 11 hours!

We all know that wasn't about to happen so I waited in line to get the next evening flight which was the next day so I had to find a hotel. All the while my poor pinky toe was throbbing.

Now I am sitting at the hotel waiting for 5:30pm to roll around. Pinky toe is all better!

But by golly! I'm going to Paris and nothing can stop me!

And I finally finished all 9 seasons of The Office! That's the real accomplishment, y'all!!

Alright.. that's my brief update on the whereabouts of Magnolia.

If anyone is actually reading this (Mom, Dad, you don't count), I'll update you when I put feet on French ground!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're going to keep up with your blog while you are there. Even though I "don't count" I look forward to reading it - plus it will save on international phone calls. LOVE YOU!!! ~mom

    ReplyDelete

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...