Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Je suis arrivée!

I did it!

I made it to Paris! I've got a tiny speckle of a view of Sacré Coeur outside my window!

I'll post pictures when I actually go out.

Today I basically traversed the entire northern side of Paris trying to find my apt. For some reason I was too stubborn to just get a taxi, but I did it!! I made it and broke a wheel on my luggage in the process!

My apartment is adorable. I'm on the top floor and I have a petit balcony outside my window! A miniscule kitchen and a full bathroom! It's perfect for me!

It's a spiral staircase to get up here and going down it makes me dizzy because it's so tight a spiral. I love it!

It's the perfect Paris apartment.

All I did was go to the store to get some snacks cause we all know I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night wide awake and hungry because jet lag is a bitch. So I'm prepared!

I haven't gotten flowers yet to spruce up the place because I was way too tired to look at pretty things and have to choose between anything. But I did unpack! So that's an accomplishment.

I've just been trying to stay awake by reading and watching Netflix. But now it's 10pm and I couldn't try to sleep even if I wanted to! This is going to be a fun couple of days.


The weather in Paris over the next week is supposed to be super rainy and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one.

It's good because I'll have an excuse to just sit around and not wear myself out trying to understand the city on a half tank of energy. It's bad because I have an excuse to stay in and not try to understand this city and just kick jet lag in the butt!

Thunderstorms on the forecast tomorrow! I hope they're some good ones! Asheville doesn't really get good thunderstorms because the storm clouds can't make it passed the mountains!

Ain't no mountains around Pairs Mr. and Mrs. Clouds!! Bring it on!

The plan for this week is to get to know my area! And hopefully make friends, but that probably won't happen until I actually start classes next Monday.

I don't really know what to expect over the next two months. The world hasn't exactly been at rest for the past few months and Paris especially has had some intense situations. Between the flooding and the constant manifestations and the threats against the Euro Cup happening here soon.. it's kind of a strange time to be here.

I'm not worried or scared. I'm more sad that we can't all just get the fuck over whatever is the problem and just talk it out like proper human beings.

But whatever.. I'm not here to go on social and political rants. I'm here to learn French!

So there ya have it! Nothing special to report today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...