Thursday, June 16, 2016

Rainy Paris

So I think I'm finally over the cursed jetlag! It's another beautifully cloudy day in Paris and I'm certain it's going to rain. However, I was certain of that yesterday and it didn't rain at all!

I'm meeting a friend today from my school year abroad in Rennes, France! She's been studying abroad in Paris since January. I'm so jealous. I'm excited to reconnect with her!

I had drinks last night with a French friend and I was actually pretty impressed with my French skills. I understood basically everything that was said to me. I could carry on a conversation! Obviously a couple of beers helps relax the tongue and the brain and foreign languages become a little easier :)

We went to this really cool Alice and Wonderlandesque bar! It was right on a canal of the Seine up north! It was beautiful! You can see the top of the Eiffel Tower from the window there! I'm in Paris!!!!

I also walked around my area a lot yesterday! I ate some spaghetti at a cafe and read my book! I went to a beautiful church and managed to find my way back to my house without any help! So far so good!

Today is day 3 in Paris and I'm not meeting my friend until later tonight so I'm trying to decide what I want to do! I think I may go to the Louvre just because it is indoors and the clouds are threatening to sprinkle. Plus, I haven't been down town yet. I'm not even sure if that's considered downtown, but it's the tourist popular spot and all the main attractions are down by the seine. So I dub it down town Paris!

I also need to go get some real food to cook in my house! I don't want to spend too much money on restaurants here. It's very expensive! I want to be able to go places on the weekends and I'll need all my moneyz! Plus souvenir shopping is important :)

Well I'm going to actually get up and get ready for the day!




1 comment:

  1. Funny the things you find on the Internet :P

    ReplyDelete

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...