Sunday, February 24, 2013

I made it!!


I MADE IT!!


I made it through the first three days with Keith's mom and it was wonderful!! I think I accomplished my goal of becoming her BFF,,,  I don't know if that is a Korean mother thing or she just REALLY likes me~~ it's much better than her treating me like the Korean Mothers in the Kdramas!

She's so cute though, she was so worried about me when we finally made it to the dorms.

OHMIGOD,

So, I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but I basically haven't spent any money since I've been here because Keith's mom has bought me everything. Like, they have probably spent over $500 on me... It's so thoughtful, but I also feel really bad that I didn't give her much as a gift. I feel like it wasn't enough. They bought me a phone!!! 

Keith's dad is VERY high up in the Samsung world, so he has ins. So he brought me back a Galaxy Note one day after work and told me they'd pay the monthly fee. I told them that once I get a Korean card I'd start to pay for it, but they told me no >___<

Anyways,

THEY GOT A LIMO! Not like a stretch limo, but a SUPER nice car an a driver to take me to the dorm. Both Keith's parents woke up early on Saturday and helped me pack and then Keith's dad called HIS driver and he came and picked us up and took us to the dorm................AMAZING.


Then Keith's mom and I went shopping for dorm stuff like toilet paper an pencil holders and the such. ~~She paid for everything. 

She unpacked everything for me. She wouldn't let me do it. She then proceeded to hand wash my underwear and plane clothes... This woman is dedicated.

Sidenote: I don't know if I mentioned this either, but she called me her daughter once! ^_^**

Anyways, so she unpacked everything and was really worried I wasn't going to leave the room to go eat because I didn't know anybody (which is so true) so she kidnapped people. 

Keith's mom disappeared for a bit and came back with an American girl who looked terrified and was like "here Maggie, a friend!" and the American girl (Emily) then told me that she ran into Keith's mom on the elevator who started to speak Korean, Emily didn't understand so Keith's mom grabbed her arm and guided her to my room >__< hahahaha

It was really funny. She did the same thing to this one girl because she somehow found out there is a French girl here. So, she knocked on the French girl's door and kidnapped her too. 

I have friends, YAY!

They are exchange students though. I haven't met a single real 4-year student yet. My roommate hasn't even arrived. So, I'm making friends with these really cool girls (there's like 13 of them), but they are all exchange students and are going to be gone in e few months. I need to make some undergrad friends too... 

Hopefully my roommate will arrive soon. And hopefully she's Korean and will be here for forever. 

OH! Also, yesterday morning my friends and I were all gettin ready to leave for brunch and I was in one of their rooms and I here "Maggie!" and I automatically answer in Korean and look out into the hall and who do I see??

Keith's mom is knocking on my door. She came just to sew up some socks that I ripped. She brought me a broom and dustpan. She also brought the costco croissants and some milk with a cup. She then started sewing up my socks and demanding I drink milk. Once she finished she said have fun with your friends!! And left...she took the subway here. It's like an hour lon subway ride. 

Do you see what I mean by clingy?

I mean I REALLY appreciate it!!!! Like so much! I'd be so lost without her. But I do feel like I haven't done enough for her. I think she just misses Keith. And she also never got to do this school stuff with him. She's so cute.

Anyways, my dorm is beautiful and the view is awesome.

The only problem: 

I have to take 111 steps to get anywhere. I feel like I have already lost weight just by going up and down those steps. Not to mention the entire Anam campus is on a mountain so everywhere is uphill. Even downhill is uphill...

I'll post pictures soon. I have orientation today (I think) and I have no idea where I'm supposed to go, so I'm probably going to get some breakfast and explore the campus so I can find this orientation building. 

So, I'm off!

I'll update again soon, hopefully with pictures!!

xx

1 comment:

  1. "Even downhill is uphill." Sounds like an Escher painting!

    ReplyDelete

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...