Saturday, September 24, 2011

In Which I Eat Snails.





So, I've been really bad about adding my outfits everyday... SORRY TAYLOR!! So, here are all the ones I've forgotten to put up.











Today, Betty, my host sister, came and my entire host family (Betty, Yoann, Etienne et Valerie) went to Valerie's parents house for her birthday! It was amazing... we got there around 12-ish and started eating around 12:45-1-ish. Let me give you our menu:

1st course: Raw salmon with carrots.......
very good

2nd course: Duck on salad, peach sauce tomatoe jelly stuff and goose liver for bread....
Duck and peach were amazing, I didn't like the liver.

3rd course: Escargot.
Surprisingly enough.. DELICIOUS! It's a very weird texture and it looks so gross but it's yummy!

4th course: Scallops and carrots.....
The sauce that they put on it was amazing.

5th course: Fish wrapped in seaweed and mushed zucchini stuff....
The fish was really good, I didn't like the zucchini, I thought it was grits because that's what it looked like, it wasn't very good though.

6th course: Chicken, carrots and greenbeans.....
Aside from the escargot, this was my favourite course, it was delicious.

7th course: Cheese and bread...
I.Love.Camembert.

Finally,
Desert: Chocolate fondue with bananas, raspberries, apples, pears and peaches....
Yumyumyum.

We ended eating at around 6:30. We.Ate.The.Entire.Day.... the weird thing is, I could still eat more. After all this, Betty, Yoann and I came home early, and Betty showed me around the neighbourhood and we went to the grocery store where I bought the BIGGEST Nesquik box ever for only 3E. AHHH, I'm so excited to have chocolate milk!!

Oh, I also tried champagne and wine today, kind of strong, but I could get used to it. I quite like them both, actually.

I'm dedicating all of tomorrow to the tons of homework I have. It's ridiculous. School is amazing, but sooooo hard. Our history prof. speaks French way too fast, so noone knows what he's saying. He scares me.... But one of these days, I'm going to be able to understand him perfectly! I just can't wait for that day to come.


xx





1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy! If there's something in particular you like ask them to give you the recipe so we can try it when you get home.

    Watch out for champagne!
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...