Thursday, September 29, 2011

Je n'ai plus faim.

Best.Cereal.Ever. I am so addicted, it's not even funny.

Sorry Taylor, my outfits the past couple of days were lazy because I was all sick. No worries though, it's just sinuses.

Alright, so, I have small annoying story to tell. I was walking around en ville hier and I passed a smoothie place, me being the smoothie addict that I am, I naturally and eagerly went in to get one. I ordered a 'Eden' which is strawberries, bananas and coconut in orange juice. I got the maxi (6E). After the girl mixed it she threw 3 pieces of ice in a large cup and poured this liquid grossness into the cup with it. I tried it... it was not a smoothie. It was not the consistency of a smoothie. It didn't taste like a smoothie. It was gross. I spent 6E on that nasty thing! I WANT A SMOOTHIE!

-oh, wait, I'm not done.-

My iPod is dying and it has been my alarm clock for the past 2 weeks. So, I went into this really cool kitchen store thingy and found a whole bunch of alarm clocks on sale. I grabbed the cheapest one (7,30E)I found and paid for it. It wasn't until later that night that I realised that it was just.a.clock. 7,30E for nothing. I guess it's still cute and I can put it in my bathroom or something... but still. Too much money wasted in one day.

I have come to realise the French love fresh food. My host father buys our dinner every night, he'll go and get fresh veggies from my host mom's parents garden. It's so delicious, but the main thing that he makes is la compote or apple sauce. We have un pommier, apple tree, in our garden and some nights my host dad will grab a whole bunch and make homemade applesauce. It's so amazing. I add honey that my host grandfather made to the apple sauce and it creates heaven in my mouth. It's so yummylicious.

Classes are going great and my French has improved a great deal. Tomorrow we are going to go on our first school field trip to Morbihan, I'll post pics and info when we get back on Sunday!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...