Friday, September 16, 2011

Schedule.


Today, was... interesting.

We had the placement test for French and Math. They were both hard, but I think I did alright on the French, mais.. les maths... I failed. I forgot EVERYTHING over the summer, il y a 36 questions, I answered 12... and 2 of which I am confident are correct. The other 10 are hit or miss. After school though, I got together with a couple of friends and we went to the centre to buy phones. I now have a French phone! So, I feel a lot more comfortable going places by myself knowing I can call someone si je suis perdu.

Tomorrow, we get sushi!! But not the food, a dog!! My host dad, Etienne, really wanted a dog and one of his friends is moving to haiti. Donc, we are taking their dog!! Elle s'appelle Sushi et elle est un sharpay! Also, on Sunday my family is taking me to this ginormous yard sale thing in the centre. Apparently, it's the second biggest 'yard sale' in France. Their isn't an equivelent aux États-Unis, so I call it a big yard sale. I'm really excited for it. I'm hoping to find a clarinet because I really miss playing it and it would be cool to buy a French clarinet.

I love it here so much, it's so amazing. I can't wait for school to start and for me to get used to this. Tonight during dinner, I actually had an on-going conversation with my host family. I was able to understand them, and talk back and they understood me!! It was amazing. It's so weird. I'll be sitting at the table listening to Valerie speak and I just get really excited, because she's speaking French and I am able to comprehend it. C'est incroyable!

Oh, I also bought a cool new French wallet because the one my friend, Taylor, gave me is falling apart. It's really cute. I can't wait to buy more things!!!!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    I've found your blog through common interests in French music! :) One of my subjects in the Uni is French and I plan to go to France for exchange next year, so your blog seems to be interesting and useful for me. Congratulations on the great opportunity to live and study in France! And.. According to your info, you prefer reading to parties. I just wanted to say: Well done! I'm a student in the UK, where everybody's drinking a lot, so no one understands my indifference to parties, haha :)

    Good luck and keep posting!

    With best wishes,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...