Wednesday, September 21, 2011

J'ai Compris




Donc, je commencerai avec moi.

Ce soir, during dinner I was asking my family about a word that I learned today: vachement. It's a word used to sort of
replace beaucoup. My family was having trouble trying to explain how to use it, but I got the gist of it. It's only used orally and with people with whom you are familiar. Alors, we had that conversation and then about 30 minutes later, Yoann comes home and he, Valerie and Etienne started talking about Yoann working in Luxembourg. I was trying hard to pay attention, but they were talking trop vite. But, when I was about to give up I heard Etienne say vachement, I jumped out of my chair with excitement I just screamed "Vouz avez dit vachement!", Valerie and Etienne both look at me with the biggest smiles and say something along the lines of how amazing I am for being able to follow that conversation, they were really impressed. It might not sound like a big deal to you guys. So what? I heard a word... but I heard a word in another language and I understood the context (to an extent).
It is amazing though how rapidly I'm catching on to the language. My friends and I are beginning to speak fluent franglais, we switch back and forth and it's really fun.
One of my friends and I went to try and find a rec center with rock climbing, but it was very confusing and we were very lost. We ended up and this bookstore where she bought Catcher and the Rye en français and I bought Hunger Games en français.
As for the rock climbing SYA let's us do whatever activity we want. The school gives each of us 300E for paying for the activity. I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do... my friend and I were really excited about l'escalade, but when we got there it wasn't as cool as we wanted. So, I kind of want to try either ice skating, fencing or take clarinet lessons because I really miss playing the clarinet. It's so hard to choose!!!!
Regarding the pictures, the first is the Rennes metro. Rennes has the best transportation system in France and is the smallest city to have a metro. The metro is only one line, and it is run by a small two car electric train. It's so cute!!! The second picture is for Taylor, I've been slacking when it comes to taking pictures of my outfits. I need to remember. And the third is just a picture of a random street in Rennes, basically all the streets look like that. It's so beautiful.

I'll post again ASAP

xx


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is awesome! Please keep posting. I'm so excited you got a dog - though am worried now you'll never want to come home! :). We miss you and will skype tonight around 9. Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Alpine Calamity

Preface: I found this in an email. I wrote this for an English course in high school. I don't remember the prompt. It is the story of ...